Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Revisiting the themes of falling asleep on the night shift and the head-honcho nurse.

Don't Be Caught Nodding

She's the mastermind planner
Of an insidious plot,
When we talk on the phone
My brain starts to rot,
And I'm driven to sleep
Like the Pharaohs worst curse,
It's a case of entrapment
By the head honcho nurse.

Her normally noisy high heels
Move in silence,
As she ponders her favorite
Method of violence,
She has torture devices
Hidden deep in her purse,
I must stay alert
For the head honcho nurse.

Her personal life
Is a long standing mystery,
The list of her conquests
Will be recorded in history,
Her methods of power
Are sublimely diverse,
I must stay awake
For the head honcho nurse.

You may call me obsessed
Or suggest I am manic,
You may think I've succumbed
To hysterical panic,
But pay attention, please note
She comes to work in a hearse,
So don't be caught nodding
By the head honcho nurse.

Fibril_late; 1/92

No comments: