Saturday, July 15, 2006

The dreaded presence of the "Head Nurse"; no one is safe.

More Than Skin Deep


I work in the shadow
Of the head honcho's call,
Oh, the weight on my spirit
The burden of it all,
The tap on my shoulder
If I'm caught asleep,
That woman's out to prove
That pain is more than skin deep.

She sneaks down the hallway
Her thoughts are in focus,
She's a voodoo magician
And knows hocus-pocus,
When she sees me I'm bound
By her one evil eye,
God forbid I am sleeping
Because surely, I'll die.

I have dreamed, I have pondered
About some revenge,
I called up the ghosts
Of ancient Stonehenge,
To assist my endeavors
To protect my domain,
They said gamma ray beams
Would curdle her brain,
I've installed motion sensors
To signal her arrival,
Without early warning
I have no hope for survival.

But this time I know
I've beaten the curse,
Never victimized again
By the head honcho nurse.

Fibril_late; 1/93

No comments: